Dr. David F. Goldsmith has been a consultant in the medical-legal field since the 1980s providing epidemiology services as an expert witness for both plaintiffs and defense law firms in federal and state courts.
He has been qualified as occupational and environmental health expert in proceedings before both federal and state courts. Dr. Goldsmith has testified at Daubert hearings, Proposition 65 hearings in California, and at numerous deposition and trial appearances for both plaintiff and defense law firms. He has worked for clients in: California, Oregon, Nevada, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Mississippi, Maryland, Washington, DC, Delaware, West Virginia, New York, Virginia, and Connecticut.
In addition, Dr. Goldsmith has acted as a professional adviser to many federal, state, and international agencies, including:
- U.S. and California Environmental Protection Agencies (EPA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Dr. Goldsmith was a member of the World Health Organization (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) panel assessing the carcinogenicity of silica in 1986. In 2006, he was chair of a peer-reviewed panel on asbestos remediation methods for the U.S. EPA.